Hack the Patriarchy was created to welcome women (& male allies) of diverse backgrounds for an inclusive 24-hour meeting of the hearts, minds and skillsets
Within 24 hours, our teams will engage in brainstorming, planning and creating solutions to address a diverse array of issues. We will be conducting technical and non-technical workshops to equip and empower all teammates, both technical and non-technical.
We aim to gather mentors from various industries to share their skill sets and their knowledge to benefit a wider group of minorities.
5 Founding Principles
- Inclusion – Our Code of Conduct includes a harassment-free environment, welcoming to LGBTQ, POC and those with various abilities as well as male allies.
- Collaboration – Teamwork is a crucial component of finding successful solutions. We want to bring together diverse skills & perspectives.
- Intersectional Feminism – The advocacy of all women’s rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
- Technology – The use of ever evolving technology allows us to find new, inventive solutions to obstacles facing women.
- Local to Global – Some solutions are better implemented in our own back yard, and some are more suited to international or global use.
I’m super excited to announce our first hackathon is happening October 21 & 22, 2017 in San Jose, CA at the ActionSpot Co-Working space!
Get more information & sign up to be notified when registration opens! www.HackThePatriarchy.com